New Orleans Transmission Replacement Service – Keeping your Life and Car In Check
Your car is like you. On occasion, it needs a little love, care, inspection, and even treatment. But instead of the doctor, your vehicle needs the care and attention of a trusted and reliable repair shop to make sure everything is in optimal and working order, including your transmission.
The transmission is what keeps your car running smoothly and efficiently, intelligently shifting gears up and down as needed to help optimize performance, reliability, fuel consumption, and propulsion.
But, just like any machine, transmissions need replacement from time to time. Do you notice issues when shifting gears or when speeding up or slowing down? Is your car revving too high or too low or is your engine louder than usual? These may be signs that you need to get into our repair shop sooner rather than later.
If a transmission replacement is needed, NOLA Automotive Repairs’ certified and experienced auto mechanic team can get the job done fast, affordable, and have you back on the road again before you know it.
We’ve been serving the community for more than 19 years, and our trustworthy, certified auto technicians can diagnose your car’s problem and find a solution you can count on.
How do you know when to get a transmission replacement?
While some cars or vehicles may need transmission replacement sooner than others, all vehicles will eventually need a transmission tune-up. That’s the bad news. The good news is that there are several signs you can keep watch for that indicate your transmission may need some help.
Here are the symptoms to look for when determining if you need a professional transmission repair or any of our recommended New Orleans transmission services:
Unusual noises: If your car starts clunking, whining, or buzzing, especially when in neutral, it could be a problem with the transmission.
Burning odor: If you smell burning transmission fluid, it’s a bad sign even if you can’t see any fluid. This smell could also be from the gears overheating.
Leakage: If you see red fluid that’s cloudy or clear leaking outside your car, that is a sign you need to take your car to the shop now.
Problems with gears: Any irregularities you notice with your gears, either difficulty shifting them or grinding sounds emanating from them, is a sign that the transmission may need some work.
Why Transmission Replacement is Important
Your transmission controls the gears in your car. It shifts the gears (both up and down), allowing you to speed up and slow down in a controlled and efficient manner.
Your transmission is largely responsible for controlling the amount of power delivered to your wheels, thus affecting everything from acceleration to handling and traction control. It’s important to maintain your transmission by changing the fluid every so often, but after a certain number of miles, you may be in need of transmission replacement services.
Failure to properly address transmission issues early on could lead to additional damage to other engine parts, eventually leaving you stranded on the road.
Bringing in your car at the first sign of issues can help save you big on repair and replacement costs down the road.
What to expect when getting a transmission replacement at our local auto shop
Our team of talented automotive technicians will do everything we can to help save you on repair or replacement costs. In the event that repairs or a rebuild are an option, we’ll make sure you have all the information you need to make the right choice.
When repair and rebuilds are beyond the scope of damage, or in the event that a rebuild may cost more or be less reliable than replacement options, our team can help.
Transmission replacement is a complicated process that requires certified, trustworthy experts, like those at NOLA Automotive Repairs. We care about your vehicle as much as you do and will make sure it is treated with respect.
If this is your only option, here are the steps our professional auto repair team will take to get your car running properly again:
- First, our technicians will run a transmission diagnosis. This will determine whether you need a full replacement or if there is a better option.
- Next, the transmission will be carefully removed if a replacement is necessary to avoid damaging the surrounding parts.
- Once removed, the rest of the transmission parts, including the mounts, driveshaft, axles, cables, and more, will be inspected to ensure they are all working properly.
- The transmission cooler will be cleaned next, so the transmission isn’t damaged by debris.
- Finally, the new transmission will be carefully installed, followed by a test drive and quality check to ensure the replacement was done correctly.
Other car repair services we offer in New Orleans LA
We provide a variety of services that go well beyond transmission repairs and replacements. All of our work is guaranteed for both parts and labor because we believe our professional mechanics are the best and want to ensure you’re satisfied.
Call our shop today if you need any of these other services:
- Car detailing to keep your vehicle pristine.
- Brake changes to ensure you’re safe on the road.
- Diagnostic services to figure out what’s wrong.
- Tire changes and services to keep you driving smoothly.
- Engine repairs and replacements to keep your car from overheating.
- Suspension repairs and alignment, so you can go straight ahead.
- AC and heat repairs so you’re comfortable.
- Maintenance services, like oil changes, because that will keep your car running longer.
Check our affordable transmission rebuild.
Our contributions to auto repairs
After being in the industry for nearly two decades, we have become one of the leading auto repair shops.
We are certified in the following areas:
- Engine repair
- Engine performance
- Advanced level specialist
- Service consulting
- Advanced fuel delivery systems
- Electrical and electronic systems
- Manual drivetrain and axles
- Heating and air conditioning
We always help our customers, even when they come in at 5 p.m. on a Friday. We’re frequently called the best shop in the NOLA area. We provide high-quality service at affordable prices. Call us now!