New Orleans Transmission Repair – Safe Drive Along the Way
You’ve been trying to ignore it, that whining or clunking noise when your car is in neutral. Or perhaps you’ve had trouble shifting from “Reverse” to “Drive” for a while now, but it hasn’t been bad enough to really worry about. And that burning smell? Well, maybe that’s a problem, but you haven’t had time to bring it into the shop.
No matter how carefully you drive your vehicle, transmission problems can cause an interruption to your daily commute, rendering your vehicle useless.
Get them taken care of – quickly, correctly, and affordably – before that small hassle becomes a big, expensive problem. NOLA Automotive Repairs is here to help.
Transmission Repair Shops in New Orleans
A bad transmission isn’t something you want to mess around with or something you want to drive with for very long. But how can you know that the quote you’re getting is fair and honest and that the work will be done right the first time?
NOLA Automotive Repairs is one of the most trusted, competent, and efficient service providers in the area. With decades of experience and a track record of hundreds of satisfied customers, you can’t go wrong when hiring us. So if you’ve been searching online for a “transmission repair shop near me”, consider your search over.
Our skilled transmission repair technicians have years of experience diagnosing and repairing transmissions in cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, and basically, anything that has four wheels and an engine. We pride ourselves on honesty and integrity and have worked hard to build up a reputation as a trusted repair shop that our customers can feel confident in.
Why drive all over the place trying to compare quotes when you can come to see our affordable New Orleans transmission services and the highest quality of work that comes with it?
Signs that Your Transmission May Need Repairs
When your transmission is having problems, the signs are often less obvious than those experienced with catastrophic failures like a flat tire or a dead battery. They can slowly creep up on you, first appearing as minor annoyances or inefficiencies that are chalked up to the age of your car. But these signs can be indicative of a larger underlying problem.
The following are 6 key indicators that your car or vehicle needs to be taken to a transmission repair shop:
- Problems shifting gears: If you’ve noticed your car hesitating when going into gear, abruptly shifting out of gear while driving, or jerking when shifting, it may be time to get it checked out.
- Grinding or shimmying between gears: Does your manual-transmission car grind when you shift gears? Or does your automatic vehicle shake or shimmy when you try to put it in drive? Get it looked at.
- Unusual noises: If you hear buzzing, whining, or clunks while driving or idling, those could be signs that your transmission is beginning to fail.
- Burnt, cloudy transmission fluid: Transmission fluid should be bright red and have a sweet odor. If your transmission fluid is dark, cloudy, or smells burnt, something isn’t right.
- Burning smell: A hot, burning smell isn’t normal. A bad transmission causes parts to overheat, leading to that odor and needs to be fixed.
- Leaking transmission fluid: If you see bright red fluid on your driveway or in your garage, take your vehicle in to get checked out. While a leak doesn’t necessarily mean your transmission is bad, a continued leak can cause big problems.
Need More than Just Transmission Repair in New Orleans, Louisiana?